Friday 30 October 2009

Holiday

If only. I know I've been a little quite on the blogging front lately, and for that I apologise. I am working on reviews for Triangle and Zombieland, as well as a piece on Star Trek novels.

However... November is almost upon us and I have decided to take the plunge and take part ion this years NaNoWriMo - which for those of you not au fait with it is an attempt by a great many people to write a novel of at least 50000 words in a month, essentially from the 1st November to the 30th. Insane, perhaps, but it only boils down to a minimum of 1667 words a day, which, if I'm properly motivated, is about an hour and a half's work for me, and I'm on holiday for the last week in November, so hopefully if I have fallen behind by then I can catch up.

So what am I writing? Well, I toyed with a great many ideas, even going so far as to consider Bridge End, and a post apocalyptic novel structurally based on American Idiot by Green Day. But in the end, after thinking how cool it would be to write a Star Trek novel, I have gone for finally writing Leviathan, the first (although not chronologically) tale in the Richard Swan saga. It's not the most complicated novel, but I do know the universe already, which helps when writing sf. So, I may be insane, but I have to give this a go.

All of which is a very roundabout way of saying that if I don't pop up here with any great frequency, it's because I'm plugging away at my novel. I'll keep you apprised of my progress, if you're interested :)

Peace out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm doing the NaNo dance too this month..first time. I'm looking forward to spying in on your progress..maybe I can reap some of your skills with successfully accomplishing this feat through osmosis,or something. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck yourself :) I look forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete