Saturday 12 December 2009

The 12 Blogs Of Christmas

Hello there. Me again. Yes. Me. Thought you'd got rid of me, hadn't you. And I was almost lost to the madness that surrounded the NaNoWriMo. I managed 20,000 words in the first week and a bit, then caught a monstrous case of the flu, managed to not write anything. In fact, it was a minor miracle that I didn't keel over at work. I was getting up for work, going, coming back home and going straight to bed. The worst case of flu I've had for a long while.

So, I managed to write a few thousand more words before I realised that A) I'd completely lost the thread of what I was doing and B) I probably didn't have enough plot for an entire novel. And you can probably add C) In which I (re)discover that I can't write science fiction for toffee. It was nice while it lasted though. It's been a long time since I've written that much, and certainly since I've written that much in such a short space of time. I think once Christmas is over and done with, it'll be back to the mainstream novel.

Which brings me, in a wonderfully roundabout way to my festive plans. Now, I'm an atheist, and so don't believe in A) God, B) The Baby Jesus, C) Santa Claus, D) The Movie "The Snowman". But I celebrate Christmas. Which makes me a hypocrite. But it's like the year and a half I spent as a tee-totaller, you spend more time trying to explain your philosophy of life and half the time people don't believe you anyway. So, yeah, an atheist Christmas. For the past two years my previous blog (the now defunct Pulp Fictions) has contained entries concerning this. So it's old hat. This year I've decided to do something a little different.

Hopefully, I can keep on top of this.

I'll be posting an article every day for the 12 days of Christmas. I'll be covering a variety of film related topics from superhero movies, to Film and TV tie-in fiction and the question of why zombie movies just don't tickle me. I hope you'll join me on this. See you tomorrow. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment